It’s been a very busy couple of weeks here at Broughton.
- Last week was Anti-Bullying week, where respect for others was the focus of our assembly and classroom activities across the school.
- This week was Road Safety week, and the children have been learning about a range of different ways to be safe on or near roads. Again, assemblies and some classroom activities have focussed on this topic this week.
- This week was also Scottish Book Week, and some classes have been learning some poetry to recite at next week’s assemblies. We look forward to hearing those!
- Last week was also Children in Need. Our Pupil Council organised a ‘Wear something spotty’ dress down day on Friday, which raised £209.63! They also sold guesses for a ‘Guess how many sweeties in the jar’ competition, which raised £102.72! A grand total of £312.35 donated to Children in Need.The lucky winner of the jar of sweets was Jacques Mercer from P4b, with his correct guess of 951 sweets!
Well done everyone!
- Last Friday we also held another of our popular parent drop-in sessions. Once again parents and carers were invited to visit classrooms to see and take part in a range of activities. We hope you enjoyed it!
This week we had some good news about our website!
A Senior Digital Officer from the council contacted us to let us know he was very impressed with the first impressions our website gives to users.
He is keen to use our website as an example of good practice in a Council websites report and also a school websites blog!
We are very proud! We will post links to these once we have more details!