Parents are welcome to:
- be involved with their child’s education and learning;
- be active participants in the life of the school; and
- express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
All parents / carers are automatically members of the Parent Forum at their child’s school. As a member of the Parent Forum all parents can expect to –
- receive information about the school and its activities;
- hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
- be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
- identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on with the school;
- be asked your opinion by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides;
- work in partnership with staff; and
- enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way possible.
Parent Councils are the formal representative body for parents / carers with children attending school. Parent Councils are different in each school to enable them to meet the needs of parents / carers locally.
The Parent Forum decides how their representatives on the Parent Council are chosen and how the Parent Council operates. Parents / carers are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Council if they wish.
The main aims of the Parent Council are:
- To support the school in its work with pupils
- To represent the views of parents
- To promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- To report to the Parent Forum
- To be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
- To raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils (in some schools the PTA/PA fulfils this role).
They can be contacted on email@example.com or you can leave a message at the school office. The school website has details of minutes of recent meetings and more information about their work and how you can be involved.
For more information on parental involvement or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school or visit the Parentzone website at www.parentzonescotland.gov.uk.
Parent Staff Association is mainly responsible for arranging events for parents and raising funds for the school. Volunteers are welcome, contact details above, if you would like to be involved.
The Scottish Parent Teacher Council is the national organisation for PSAs and PAs in Scotland. Parent Councils can join too, and it runs an independent helpline service for all parents.
The National Parent Forum of Scotland has been set up to give Parent Councils and parents an opportunity to discuss and raise educational issues of mutual interest or concerns at a national level.
A link to our Parent Council Facebook page can be found in the ‘Contact Us‘ section.
- Below is a link to an information leaflet providing details about our own Parent Council and PSA.
- You will find our PSA Newsletters below-
- You will find minutes from our meetings below-
- Below is a copy of our PSA and Parent Council GDPR policy
- Below is a step by step guide to using the Giving Machine to raise funds for our school-
- Below is a link to our Broughton School Lottery page-
- Below is information about VirginMoney Giving, our fundraising page. virginmoneygiving.com is a fundraising website that helps charities and fundraisers raise more money online, without taking a penny in profit. Below is a flyer with more information, and a link to our page.