Broughton Primary School Parent Forum
Welcome to all parents and carers of Broughton Nursery and Broughton Primary School. This page contains information about how you can be involved in your child’s education and learning
All parents and carers of children at Broughton Nursery and Primary School are automatically members of the Broughton Parent Forum. As a member of the Parent Forum all parents can expect to –
- receive information about the school and its activities;
- hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
- be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
- identify issues you want the Parent Council to work on with the school;
- be asked your opinion by the Parent Council on issues relating to the school and the education it provides;
- work in partnership with staff; and
- enjoy taking part in the life of the school in whatever way possible.
The Parent Council is the formal representative body for parents and carers of children attending the school. The Parent Forum decides how their representatives on the Parent Council are chosen and how the Parent Council operates. Parents and carers are encouraged to volunteer or put themselves forward to be chosen as representatives of the Parent Council. Please see ‘How to get involved’ section below.
The main aims of the Parent Council are:
- To support the school in its work with pupils
- To represent the views of parents
- To promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- To report to the Parent Forum
- To be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
- To raise funds for activities and trips to the benefit of pupils- see Friends At Broughton (FAB) for more information
The Parent Council meet in person or online five or six times a year and every member of the Parent Forum is invited to attend the Parent Council meeting.
For further information about parental involvement, please visit Scotland’s Parental Involvement organisation www.connect.scot
Friends At Broughton
Within the Parent Forum, there is another key body called Friends At Broughton (FAB), who are parents and carers of children at Broughton Primary School and who volunteer their time to help run events and activities for all pupils.
FAB plays an important role organising fun social events for pupils throughout the year and raising funds for the benefit of all pupils of Broughton Primary School. Funds raised by FAB events covered the entire cost of a class outing or school trip including to Dynamic Earth and Almond Valley, to subsidise the transport to and from the annual P7 Lagganlia school camp. Money raised by FAB also went toward interactive white boards, iPads and playground improvements, such as the scooter/bicycle parking pods, playground bins, playground benches and the playground markings.
How to get involved?
There are many ways parents and carers can get involved with the Parent Council. Members of the Parent Forum are welcome to attend meetings, to volunteer to help at events, support an event by attending, making a donation, help spread the words of any upcoming events or to nominate themselves as an office bearer at our Annual General Meeting.
A link to the Broughton Primary School Parent Council Facebook private page can be found in the ‘Contact Us‘ section, we can be contacted here: email@example.com
BPC GDPR policy
GDPR policy for Broughton Primary School Parent Council
Minutes of Parent Council Meetings
07 September 2022 – Parent Council and FAB AGM minutes – Parent Council AGM minutes-7th September 2022
11 October 2022 – Parent Council General Meeting minutes- Parent Council Meeting Minutes- 11th October 2022
30 November 2022- Parent Council Meeting Minutes- Parent Council Meeting Minutes- 30th November 2022