Last week was our PSA-organised Winter Disco, held in our Gym Hall. The event was a big success, raising £797.14 for funds to benefit everyone in school! Here are some photos of the disco-
Thanks to our PSA for organising this event! Remember, our PSA are always looking for new members- events like discos, fairs and cafes can only be held with the generous time and effort given by the PSA volunteers.
Below is a plea from our PSA for new members, with more information on how you can help out…
Update from the PSA :
YOUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!
We can’t run our PSA events and raise much needed funds for school without your help.
We would like to get a group of parents and carers together to form a new PSA fundraising committee. By working together, we can spread the load and everyone can do as much as they want or have time and skills to do. It is a great way to get to know other parents and also make decisions about how we spend the money we raise for the children to enjoy. We have lots of different fundraising events and ideas to help the school and children.
There are many ways to help:
• creating marketing materials to promote PSA events and newsletters to let families know what we’ve spent the money on
• taking the lead to organise events such as lunchtime café, Christmas café, discos and the Summer Fair
• helping children get fit and raise money for school with the Edinburgh Marathon Festival
• finding sponsors and raffle prizes
• writing fundraising applications
• administering the school lottery
• publicity to promote events and keep Parents and carers informed via email and Facebook page
• at the Christmas Cafe and Summer Fair helpers to set up and take down tables
Can you help with any of these?
Last year we raised nearly £15,000. With part of this we were able to establish a Cultural Fund giving every class money for extracurricular activities and outings. This year we’ve been able to double the cultural fund, but can’t do this again next year if we don’t raise enough money this year. We have continued to contribute to the playground improvements project – the new picnic benches were bought with money raised from the Edinburgh Marathon Festival.
This year we have already raised £1,080 from the Halloween disco, £288 from a lunchtime café and £1,100 from the Christmas café so we’re off to a good start, but need as many families as we can to get involved and help. The PSA is a very small group of people doing a very big job, so please get in touch if you can help in any way.
You can email us email@example.com, https://www.facebook.com/groups/150941141661465/ or leave us a message on our Facebook page
Or ask any of the committee for more information – Sandra Rathjen (chair PC); Anne Hay (vice chair); Rob Noronha (secretary) and Kate Moir (treasurer).
Look out soon for more about how PSA fundraising benefits our school, with contributions from our Pupil Council…