Broughton Primary Parent Council has recently applied for £2590 of funding from Leith Chooses. Leith Chooses is a fund to support community projects in Leith and the surrounding neighbourhoods.
The Parent Council has applied to fund a gardening and community growing project at school. If awarded the funding, it will be used to purchase gardening equipment, materials and a storage shed. The project will allow Broughton pupils to learn first hand about growing food and where their food comes from. Parents and carers will also be encouraged to volunteer to get involved with the project.
The application has been accepted and has reached the voting stage of the process. This means the organisations that receive the most votes will receive funding for their project.
We need as many people as possible to vote for our project. Please spread the word and encourage friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues to vote too.
Here are the rules-
Am I eligible to vote?
• Anyone 8 years old or over, and you live, work, study or volunteer in Leith, can vote. This includes areas of Broughton, Bonnington, Bellevue, Abbeyhill and Newhaven. Your address/postcode will be checked.
• Visit Leith Chooses for more details and to view the map.
• Broughton Primary is within the area as is most of the school catchment.
How do I Vote?
• Come along on Saturday 3rd March to the Leith Community Centre, 42 New Kirkgate, Leith, EH6 6AD and vote in person between 12pm-3pm.
• There will be FREE food and refreshments, face-painting, glitter tattoos and balloon modelling
• You can meet the applicants, hear / chat informally about all the great projects on offer, and then cast your votes for your favourites.
• If you come along and vote in person, you also get a bonus online vote.
How will voting be done?
• You will vote three times – once each for the three different grant pots; small, medium and large. (The small, medium and large projects will be grouped together in three separate rooms.) Our project is in the medium category.
• You will just cast four votes per room, by ‘posting’ coloured vote cards for your absolutely favourite projects in that room. You can only vote once for any one particular project.
• If you can’t get to the Voting Day social event, you can vote online, from 3rd -10th March.
• You can browse online, but in order to actually vote, you need to log in with a unique voter ‘Access Code’.
• You can get a card with a unique Access Code on it, from the Leith Library, the MacDonald Road Library, or from any of the £eith Chooses team (who will be out and about all week in various locations and also at Voter Support Sessions, see below).
• Week beginning 5th March 2018, voter support sessions will be held as follows:
Mondays: Leith Library, Ferry Road, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Tuesdays; MacDonald Road Library, 12-2 pm and 5-7 pm
Wednesdays; Leith Community Centre, 12-8 pm (Cafe)
Friday and Weekend – out and about around Leith (details later)
• If you can’t get hold of an Access Code that way, you can email in and be issued (but not quite immediately) with an Access Code. The email address will not be live until voting opens on 3rd March.
Can Leith Chooses help you?
If you are unable to attend the Voting Day in person, or can’t easily vote online for whatever reason, Leith Chooses are very happy to do whatever they can to help you to vote. Please just get in touch as soon as possible, explain your situation and they’ll try and find a solution. You are most welcome to email with any queries you may have: contact@Leith Chooses
Thank you for your support!